But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
1. We are created by God for His glory, made alive together from our deadness in sin through the atoning sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ, and are sealed with the Holy Spirit until we possess our eternal inheritance. (Col. 1:16; Eph. 2:5; 1:13-14)
2. We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together as a church for the purpose of learning God’s Word, breaking bread, praising God, praying together, and fellowshipping and encouraging one another in the Lord. (Heb. 10:25; Acts 2:42, 46)
3. We will walk together with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. (Eph. 4:2)
4. We will hold one another accountable in Christian love, and submit ourselves to both the encouragement and the correction of our fellow believers, so that we would not be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. (Heb. 3:12-13)
5. We will not live an individualistic life, but pray regularly for one another, rejoice at each other's happiness, and with love bear each other's burdens and sorrows. (Eph. 6:18; Rom. 12:15)
6. We will contribute cheerfully, generously, and regularly to support the various ministries of the church. (2 Cor. 8 and 9)
7. We will work together for the spread of the gospel, and seek the salvation of our family members, friends, relatives, neighbours, colleagues, and of our nation. (Mk. 16:15; Matt. 28:19-20)
8. We will, by God's gracious help, seek to live carefully in this sinful world, and deny ourselves to live a holy life. This we do for the purpose of glorifying God's name, and guarding the good testimony of the church. (Lu. 9:23; Matt. 5:13-16)
9. We will, when we have to leave this church, so far as it depends on us, leave on peaceful grounds, and as soon as possible unite with a biblical church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant. (above Scriptures)
10. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen. (2 Cor. 13:14)
NOTE: We, as a church, recite this covenant every Sunday after breaking the bread. Most of the statements in this covenant are taken from 9Marks.