book discussion, prayer & mutual fellowship
EVANGELISM: QUESTIONS FROM CHAPTER FIVE
Why should we get the gospel message right, and what is the right gospel message?
From Mike's basic principles on evangelising (shared in pgs 104-105), what factors have encouraged you?
How were you encouraged by Farshid's boldness to be a witness of the gospel of Christ Jesus?
How were you encouraged by Mike's evangelism to Ibrahin?
How were you encouraged by Mike's evangelism to Craig?
EVANGELISM: QUESTIONS FROM CHAPTER FOUR
What three areas in which we need to check ourselves in our preparation for sharing the gospel? Explain in detail.
What two main categories of people who stay away from sharing their faith? Which category do you fall into?
How can we saturate our church activities with the gospel of Christ, making the gospel the centrality of our church?
What is the assumption that we must kill, and how do we kill it?
Why is evangelism a discipline? What does it mean that evangelism is a discipline? (Read together Donald Whitney’s quote)
What is the role of prayer in evangelism and how do we cultivate it?
What role does spiritual leadership play in cultivating the culture of evangelism in the church?
EVANGELISM: QUESTIONS FROM CHAPTER THREE
What is a sign of true conversion and a powerful testimony that we are Christ’s disciples?
How do we build a culture of evangelism?
What is a healthy church?
What is an unhealthy church?
Why effective evangelism is connected to the health of a church?
EVANGELISM: QUESTIONS FROM CHAPTER TWO
What do you think about the reason for the vast majority of Christians reluctant to evangelize? What hindrance do you observe in your own heart for evangelism?
What are the benefits of communal evangelism?
How do most people come to faith in Christ? What is the most effective method of evangelism?
What is the gospel view of people?
What do you think about someone saying, “Evangelism is not my gift”?
What is a threefold important check in true conversion?
What do you think about this statement, “Evangelistic failure is better than not trying evangelism at all.”
How have you been encouraged to learn to build a culture of evangelism in the local church?
EVANGELISM: QUESTIONS FROM CHAPTER ONE
1. What are the worldly or unbiblical means of doing evangelism?
2. What are the four components of evangelism?
3. What are the two mistakes we can make about the gospel?
4. What four big questions that the gospel message answers? Imbibe these factors and explain them in detail.
5. What is the aim of biblical evangelism? Is it possible to evangelize without this aim?
6. What is true conversion? What happens in false conversions?
7. What happens if we get evangelism wrong? Reflect on the seven consequences presented by the author.
8. From your reading of this chapter, what changes must you bring in your evangelism?